Skip to content
Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]

Crime

Jermaine “Bones” Johnson sentenced to 25 years in Vicksburg killing

Published

on

Jermaine Johnson

VICKSBURG, Miss.(VDN) — Jermaine “Bones” Johnson has been sentenced in connection with the Vicksburg killing of Devonte Gary.

Johnson pleaded guilty Friday to reduced charges of manslaughter and drive-by shooting. Judge James Chaney sentenced Johnson to 20 years for manslaughter and five years for the drive-by shooting. The sentences will run consecutively.

Assistant District Attorney Mike Warren represented the state in the case.

Authorities said the shooting occurred in June 2024 at AB Food Mart in Vicksburg. Prosecutors said Johnson was the driver of the vehicle from which shots were fired at Gary.

Last week, Calbert “Calbo” Cosby was convicted of murder after the state proved he was the gunman. Johnson testified during Cosby’s trial.

After the shooting, Johnson and Cosby fled to Tennessee, where they were later apprehended. Cosby is scheduled to be sentenced next week.

See a typo? Report it here.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Vicksburg Daily News
×
Advertisement
×
Advertisement