Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]


City of McComb and USACE Vicksburg District sign water system rehabilitation agreement



corps usace

As of May 19, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District and the City of McComb are part of a Project Partnership Agreement (PPA)

The signing ceremony took place at McComb City Hall between Mayor Quordiniah N. Lockley and Col. Hilliard on behalf of the USACE.

The PPA with the City of McComb is part of the Mississippi Environmental Infrastructure Program (Section 592) which provides assistance for Mississippi for environmental non-federal interest. Assistance under this program can take the form of design and construction assistance for water-related infrastructure and surface water protection and development projects including wastewater treatment.

“The Vicksburg District looks forward to partnering with the City of McComb to sustain and protect its infrastructure,” said Col. Robert Hilliard, Vicksburg District commander. “We are eager to provide our assistance for this vital effort.”

With this, the City of McComb will be able to rehabilitate their sewer and utility improvements which will cost around $1 million.  75% of the cost share will be handled by federal funds while the remaining 25% will be funded non-federally. Projects included are for wastewater treatment facilities, environmental restoration and surface water resource protection and development projects which are publicly owned. Non-federal interest are required to enter into a cost share agreement to ensure cooperation for the project.


See a typo? Report it here.
Continue Reading