Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]

News

Culkin Fire Volunteers save Turnerville Road home

Published

on

A hot ember from a recently extinguished cigarette apparently got into the dry, rotting wood of a support beam causing a fire on the back porch of a home on Turnerville Road.

A picture of the scene of the fire on Turnerville Road.

The combination of unusually dry weather and a rotting support beam made ready tinder for that hot ember.

Culkin Volunteer Firefighters Jessie Harris and Joshua Reeves work the fire.

The home on Turnerville Road is just a couple of minutes from the Culkin Volunteer Fire Station. The station just happened to have a fair number of volunteer firefighters there when the call came in.

A map showing the Culkin Volunteer Fire Department and its close proximity to Turnerville Road.

The home has only a small amount of damage thanks to the rapid response. The homeowner will be able to safely stay in their home tonight.

Responding to the call was the Culkin Volunteer Fire Department. Jerry Briggs and  Lee Williams were also on scene along with deputies from the Warren County Sheriff’s Office.

Culkin Volunteer fire fighters Jessie Harris and Joshua Reeves after putting out the fire.

 

 

 

 

See a typo? Report it here.