Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]


DPS issues timeline of events in Bay St. Louis shooting



Amy Anderson
Amy Brogdon Anderson: Photo from Facebook

The Department of Public Safety on Friday issued a timeline of events in the Bay St. Louis shooting which left two officers and the shooter, Vicksburg native Amy Brogdon Anderson, dead.

From the Department of Public Safety:

At approximately 2:30 a.m., Amy Anderson and her minor child arrived and checked in at the Motel 6 in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. Around 3:35 a.m., the front desk manager at the Motel 6 called 911 stating that a guest by the name of Amy Anderson requested 911 be called and that the guest sounded distressed.

At 3:38 a.m., Officer Branden Estorffe arrived, and a minute later Sergeant Steven Robin also arrived on scene at the Motel 6.

Officers spent approximately 40 minutes interacting with Amy Anderson and her minor child. Anderson advised the officers that she was in fear for her life and that she was being followed by a white pick-up truck. The interactions with Anderson and her minor child occurred both inside and outside of their motel room, during which time the officers took statements, gathered information, and investigated allegations made by Anderson. Sergeant Robin and Officer Estorffe made the decision to contact child protective services due to concerns for the safety of the minor child. Anderson and her minor child began loading their vehicle and advised the officers they were going to leave the Motel 6.

At approximately 4:19 a.m., Amy Anderson, while seated in the driver’s seat of her vehicle, fired one shot killing Sergeant Robin who was standing at the driver’s side door. Officer Estorffe, who was on the phone with the Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services, immediately returned to Anderson’s vehicle. As Estorffe approached the vehicle, Anderson and Estorffe exchanged rounds resulting in fatal injuries to both individuals. The minor child did not receive any physical injuries during the incident.

“This is a very tragic situation,” said Commissioner Sean Tindell. “It is my opinion that Officer Estorffe and Sergeant Robin’s concerns for the safety of the minor child were well-founded and based upon the mental state of Mrs. Anderson their heroic actions very well may have saved the lives of others.”

This continues to be an open and ongoing investigation. Upon completion of this investigation, additional details will be made public.

See a typo? Report it here.