Warren County has been awarded Federal Funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security.
Warren County has been chosen to receive $18,602 to supplement emergency housing or shelter and utility programs and $57,494 to supplement ARPA-R (American Rescue Plan Act) in the county.
Individuals needing assistance with rent or utility assistance should call the Salvation Army at 601-456-4444 to schedule an appointment or to see if they qualify and to seek more information.
A partial listing of verifiable emergencies are:
• Illness, hospitalization and/or unexpected medical expenses
• Family desertion of any income-producing member of the family
• Loss of primary source of income because of company lay-offs
• Theft/Loss of essential property
• Death of immediate family which results in a family hardship.
Things to bring:
- Picture ID and social security card
- Proof of income(paycheck stubs, SSI, Child Support, TANF, SNAP, unemployment check or other source of income.
- Current, past due and/or eviction notice
- Current, past due and/or delinquent utility bills.
- Verification of food stamps
- Official lease agreement or mortgage coupon(legal document required is required)
- Letter from landlord
- A narrative explaining the emergency, along with documentation ( job termination, hospital bill, car repairs, etc).
- Proof of other expenses