Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]


Fire at Porter’s Chapel Academy



fire porter's chapel

A fire at Porter’s Chapel caused significant damage to the concession stand at the school.

Just after 6:30 a.m., smoke was spotted coming from the concession stand area of the auditorium. Warren County firefighter McKinley Skipper, 23, was there with his crew to cut the grass at the school.

“I saw smoke and called 911,” said Skipper. The 911 call reported smoke and flames were visible at the school.

An air conditioning unit in the concession stand appears to have been the cause of the fire. Smoke filled the auditorium but there was no visible damage to the auditorium. The damage was largely contained to the concession stand portion of the building.

fire porter's chapel

Smoked filled the auditorium but didn’t appear to cause any damage. Photo by David Day

Skipper has been a Warren County firefighter for 7 years. “Just like we always encourage people, I saw smoke and called 911,” said Skipper.

Engine 2 was the first unit on the scene and immediately was able to get water onto the flames. Rescue, Fire Medic 20 and other units also responded to the location. Chief Stamps was also at the scene.

See a typo? Report it here.