Warren and Claiborne counties are among the many Mississippi counties holding free, one-day COVID-19 drive-thru testing events during the coming days.
Testing in Claiborne County will be Saturday, June 13, at Claiborne County Parks and Recreation, 1120 U.S. Highway 61 North, Port Gibson.
In Warren County, the testing site will be set up Thursday, June 18, at Pemberton Square Mall, 3505 Pemberton Square Blvd., in Vicksburg.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, or if you have a known or potential exposure to someone confirmed with the virus, you can be tested at no cost.
Before visiting a drive-thru testing site, you must first be screened by speaking with a University of Mississippi Medical Center clinician to determine your likelihood of COVID-19 infection. To complete the screening, call 601-496-7200 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday) or complete the UMMC COVID-19 Patient Screening form. If the clinician determines that your likelihood of infection is high, you will receive an appointment for drive-thru testing.
Upcoming testing sites around the state include:
Friday, June 12
- Columbus, Vibrant Church
- Greenwood, Greenwood/Leflore County Civic Center
Saturday, June 13
- Bay Springs, Jasper County EOC
- Kosciusko, Attala County Coliseum
Monday, June 15
- Port Gibson, Claiborne County Parks and Rec
- West Point, West Point Civic Center
Tuesday, June 16
- Quitman, Clarke County EMA
- Clarksdale, Coahoma County Youth Outreach Expo Building
Wednesday, June 17
- Hazlehurst, Multipurpose Building
- Tupelo, BancorpSouth Parking Lot
Thursday, June 18
- Louisville, Louisville Coliseum
- Vicksburg, Pemberton Square Mall
To get more information on testing and upcoming testing sites, visit the UMMC website.See a typo? Report it here.