From Hinds Community College:
Effective March 23, all courses will be shifted to an online learning environment for an indefinite time period. Students should begin working on their assignments in Canvas. Additional accommodations will be coordinated for those classes requiring laboratory, hands-on, clinical hours or national testing. Hot spots are being established and will be functional on every campus for those students who may not have a reliable internet source.
Effective Monday, March 23, college employees will return to work in some capacity. What this means is that each vice president will identify personnel, both professional and support staff in their areas, who will return to campus to perform routine operations such as bill payment, accounting, mail and other time-sensitive duties. Vice presidents will also make specific assignments to employees who may work remotely. Some individuals may follow a blended model. Staggered work schedules and responsibilities may be implemented to reduce the number of people on campus at a given time.
We are also notifying residential students not to return to campus until further notice. Students will be allowed to return to campus at designated times between March 21 and March 24 to claim any essential items they may need (books, computers, etc.) for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions about housing, please call 601.857.3222 or email email@example.com.
As a service, grab and go meals pick will be available for students who have purchased a meal plan at both the Raymond and Utica campuses. Pick-up times are as follows:
· Monday – Friday 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
· Monday – Thursday 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
On Fridays of each week, students may receive one box of essentials for weekend meals. A current Hinds ID is required for those picking up meals. Meals are also available to Hinds faculty and staff.
- All Hinds Child Care locations will return to regular operation on March 23. Children will be screened on a daily basis for illnesses and the center directors will resume the right to limit entrance.
- The golf course will open with restrictions on March 23. For more information, please contact 601.857.5993.
- All wellness complex locations remain closed.
- Meat Merchandising will remain closed.
- Bookstores will be open on a limited basis and hours will be posted at a later time.
- Use of college facilities remains restricted for external groups for an indefinite time period.
- The assessment center and proctoring centers remain closed. Alternative options are being evaluated and additional information will be forthcoming. Please contact the appropriate center with any questions.
All extracurricular and college hosted events have been suspended for the foreseeable future, and athletic activities are suspended for the remainder of the semester.
We are also evaluating an alternative method for graduation ceremonies scheduled for the spring. A decision regarding graduation will be determined by April 3.
Please know that we are making every effort to communicate updates with everyone simultaneously. This has proven to be difficult at times because of the rapid rate at which decisions are being made and information is changing. Due to the unpredictable nature of this situation, it is of the utmost importance that we maintain adaptability and anticipate that conditions surrounding this pandemic will continue to evolve at this rapid pace. We will be closely following the guidance provided by national, state and local authorities. As we make additional decisions and/or adapt operations, we will post updates. Please continue to monitor the college website, social media sites and your Hinds email for the most up-to-date information.See a typo? Report it here.