Clinics in Warren, Hinds and Copiah counties are offering testing for the COVID-19 coronavirus to those who are showing symptoms of the disease, including fever, cough and trouble breathing.
The clinics will only test the most serious cases to preserve necessary medical supplies, the Clarion Ledger reports, and patients should call ahead to be pre-screened. Patients who are well and not showing symptoms of the virus will not be tested.
Testing is by appointment only to protect staff from possible transmission of the virus.
The 10 clinics, operated by Jackson-Hinds Comprehensive Health Center, will serve uninsured and underinsured patients.
The clinics are open during normal business hours, which generally means Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours are listed online. You can also call the clinics’ central number at 601-362-5321.
- Bennie G. Thompson Health Facility: 514G E Woodrow Wilson Ave., Jackson
- Central Mississippi Medical Center: 1850 Chadwick Dr., Jackson
- Copiah Comprehensive Health Complex: 550 Caldwell Dr., Hazlehurst
- Ethel James Ivory Homeless Clinic: 327 South Gallatin St., Jackson
- Jackson Medical Mall: 350 Woodrow Wilson Ave., Jackson
- Jackson Hinds Comprehensive Health Center: 100 Magnolia St., Edwards
- Jackson Hinds South Clinic: 145 Raymond Rd., Jackson
- James Anderson Health Facility: 3502 W. Northside Dr., Jackson
- Vicksburg Warren Family Health Care Clinic: 1203 Mission Park Dr., Vicksburg
- Willie E. Simmons Clinic: 129 White Oak St., Utica