Fisher Ferry Water District announced Monday afternoon that a break in a main water line forced them to turn water off to the whole system in order to make repairs.
At this time, there is no estimated timeline for the repair. When service is restored, all customers will be under a boil water notice for a few days.
When under a boil-water notice:
- Do not drink tap water.
- Do not use ice made from recent tap water.
- Do not use tap water to make drinks, juices, or fountain soft drinks.
- Cook with tap water ONLY if food is boiled for at least one minute.
- Wash dishes, fruits and vegetables in boiled water or water that has been disinfected with bleach. Using your home dishwasher is not recommended.
- Brush your teeth with boiled or bottled water.
- Wash your hands and bathe as usual. Bathing is safe as long as no water is swallowed.
- Wash laundry as usual. Laundry washed in hot or cold water is safe.