Neighbors help save home from dryer fire

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

A fire originating in a laundry dryer threatened a home in Warren County on Shannon Lane just off Warriors Trail Friday morning.

Alert neighbors pulled the door off the house and began moving the dryer out before firefighters arrived.

When Bovina firefighters responded, they were able to pull the dryer out to the lawn and extinguish the fire with an extinguisher.

It’s a reminder to everyone to clean the lint traps in home dryers on a regular basis. Not only will it help dry clothing more efficiently, but cleaning will also prevent fires.