Vicksburg-Warren School District Board of Trustees member Bryan Pratt has announced that he will run for re-election in District 1.
Pratt made the announcement on Facebook on Wednesday.
Read Pratt’s official statement below:
I am excited to announce that I have officially qualified as a candidate for District 1 School Board Trustee for the Vicksburg Warren School District and humbly ask for your vote on November 8, 2022.
I have faithfully served as a trustee throughout my term, and with your support, will continue the great service to children and the community. A few of the initiatives that I have supported include:
– District-wide expansion of the Leader in Me
– Successful launch of the River City Early College program,
– Expansion of the 7th-8th grade Academy of Innovation STEM School,
– Creation of Career Academies at WCHS and VHS,
– Expansion our Pre-K program so that no Warren County family who wants to enroll their child in Pre-K is turned away.
– Growing our technology resources so that every student and teacher has a device to use.
These initiatives (along with a lot of work on the part of our board, administrators, teachers, students and families) are paying off and the results are showing. Our four-year graduation rate is the highest it has been in 30 years at 89%; since 2019 our students have a head start on their careers and have collectively earned 21,063 free college credits, saving their families more than $16 million in tuition and college costs. 80 of our graduates have even earned associate degrees at the same time as their high school diplomas. We are also excited to reveal more good news at the end of the month (9/29). I promise, you won’t want to miss that announcement.
We have come a long way and still have more to accomplish. I remain dedicated to the success of every child in our District, and your support is greatly appreciated. Please vote for Bryan Pratt on November 8.See a typo? Report it here.