The Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks has announced a Burn Ban in effect for several state parks.
- Percy Quin State Park – Pike County – Expires 11/1/2022
- Tombigbee State Park – Lee County – Expires 11/9/2022
- Trace State Park – Pontotoc County – Expires 11/1/2022
- LeRoy Percy State Park – Washington County – Expires 10/31/2022
- Lake Lincoln State Park – Lincoln County – Expires 10/31/2022
On Monday, the Mississippi Forestry Commission issued a statewide Wildland Fire Alert, citing drought conditions due to lack of rainfall.See a typo? Report it here.