Traditions are passed down through generations with stories, songs, and activities. Bring your children to the Mississippi Children’s Museum to experience the fun of storytelling together on January 14 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
On this special day, join us as we celebrate Mississippi’s finest storytellers from our past and listen to those with us now. This event is an artistic, literary adventure celebrating the art of storytelling in many forms with special guests, performances, and workshops. Storytelling can be told through a multitude of ways such as writing and illustrating books, acting, singing, dancing, visual arts, photography, and much more.
Activities will include:
- Author Sarah Frances Hardy- Reading of her book Dress Me and a workshop on how she tells her story through writing and illustrations
- Author Alice Faye Duncan- Reading of her book Yellow Dog Blues and a workshop on how to tell your story through writing
- A performance by International Ballet Competition
- A performance and workshop by singer/songwriter Pam Confer
- A performance by Intersect Dance Theater
- A visual arts workshop with artist Andi Bedsworth
- Telling your story through pictures with Eudora Welty House
This event is included with a $10 general admission and free with museum membership. MCM will be open on Monday, January 16 for a Magic Monday! Visit www.mschildrensmuseum.org for more information.
Special thank you to the Mississippi Book Festival for their support of MCM’s Storytelling Festival.See a typo? Report it here.