The Vicksburg Police Department responded to Merit Health River Region in reference to a shooting on Friday, Feb. 14, at 7:57 p.m.
The victim said that the shooting occurred in the vicinity of Cherry and China streets and that someone shot him in the left foot.
On Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 3:20 a.m., VPD officers responded to an armed robbery at Taco Bell, 3416 Pemberton Square Blvd.
The victim stated that an unknown black male pointed a gun at him and demanded his property.
These incidents are under investigation.
Officers took a suspect into custody for auto burglary this morning. They responded to Precious Moments Learning Center, 1411 Cherry Street, for an auto burglary in progress on Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 9:58 a.m. (Also see our live Facebook video interview with Chief Milton Moore.)
The suspect, a juvenile, was chased by officers on foot for several minutes before being taken into custody. He was transported to the Warren County Juvenile Detention Center.
Police have reason to believe that the suspect has been involved in several auto burglaries in the area, many of which have been from unlocked vehicles.
Vicksburg police responded to three incidents of auto burglaries since Monday.
- On Monday, Feb.17, at 10:59 a.m., officers responded to the 100 block of Elizabeth Circle where the victim stated that someone entered her 2005 Buick Terraza and stole $740. There was no evidence of forced entry to the vehicle.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 9:45 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 1500 block of Vicklan Street where the victim stated that someone stole a pair of booster cables and five CDs from a 2008 Dodge Charger. The vehicle had been left unlocked.
- Also on Tuesday, at 11:06 a.m. officers responded to the 1100 block of Avenue D where the victim stated that someone entered a 2019 Ford Edge and stole $5 in change.
Vicksburg Police responded to three incidents of residential burglaries / grand larceny on Friday and Saturday of last week.
- On Friday, Feb. 14 at 1:0 p.m. officers responded to the 600 block of Hutson Street where the complainant reported someone stole his 2012 Polaris Sportsman XP ATV.
- Friday at 4:46 p.m., officers responded to the 300 block of Skyview Lane where the victim said someone stole two female Blue Pit Bulldogs from his yard.
- Saturday, Feb. 15 at 3:58 p.m., officers responded to the 400 block of Lake Hill Drive where the resident stated that someone broke into her home and stole a 40-inch and a 65-inch flat-screen TV and a Roku TV.
Police officers responded to three calls of shots fired on Monday and Tuesday. They found no signs of suspicious activity or shots fired at any of the locations.
- Monday, Feb. 17 at 6:27 p.m. officers responded to the area of Military Avenue and Togo Street.
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 at 1:42 a.m., officers responded to the 200 block of Redbone Road.
- Tuesday at 4:15 p.m., officers responded to Azalea Lane.
If you have any information on these incidents, please call the Vicksburg Police Department at 601-636-2511.See a typo? Report it here.