Connect with us
[the_ad_placement id="manual-placement"] [the_ad_placement id="obituaries"]

A Warren County home was lost to flames after a shed caught fire and spread to the residence. A utility pole was also threatened and created difficulty for firefighters.

Just before 10 a.m. a fire was reported in the 4700 block of Gibson Road. Initial reports stated a shed was involved and the fire was spreading downhill, threatening a utility pole.

According to Warren County Fire Coordinator Jerry Briggs, the homeowner stated he was removing a limb from the roof of the trailer and may have hit a power line.  The jolt may have caused sparks, which ignited the shed. While inside his home, he noticed smoke coming from the shed and immediately evacuated to call 911.

Warren County Deputies arrived on scene and observed the shed was fully involved. Firefighters noticed smoke coming from the neighboring home as well. A utility transformer located above the shed added to the difficulty of being able to extinguish the fire. Entergy was called on scene to kill the power to the transformer.

Firefighters called for additional manpower to help bring the flames under control. Unfortunately, the mobile home wound up being a total loss before the fire was out.

Luckily, the homeowner stated they had another residence they could go to. Briggs mentioned that most people aren’t that fortunate, but reminds residents there are programs to help.

“Most individuals aren’t that fortunate to have another place to go. Vicksburg has a lot of outreach programs that can help – Red Cross, United Way  – and they will help for their immediate needs,” stated Briggs. “We can’t overstate you need to have adequate insurance just for times like this. Most people are under-insured and don’t realize it until something happens.”

No injuries were reported.

 

 

See a typo? Report it here.