Three Vicksburg nursing homes were included among the award winners announced recently by American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
In total, 15 Mississippi nursing homes have won the national awards this year recognizing their commitment in the delivery of quality health care.
“The AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program provides a pathway for providers of long term and post-acute care services to journey towards performance excellence,” the AHCA website states.
“Member centers may apply for three progressive levels of awards: Bronze, Commitment to Quality; Silver, Achievement in Quality; or Gold, Excellence in Quality. Each level has its own distinct rigors and requirements for quality and performance excellence.”
The Bluffs Rehabilitation & Healthcare in Vicksburg won a Silver Award this year. The other Mississippi nursing home to win a 2019 Silver Award is the Delta Rehab & Healthcare Center in Cleveland.
Vicksburg’s two 2019 Bronze Award winners are Heritage House Nursing Center and the Vicksburg Convalescent Home.
Other Mississippi Bronze award winners are:
• Bedford Alzheimer’s Care Center, Hattiesburg
• Bedford Care Center of Mendenhall, Mendenhall
• Bedford Care Center of Newton, Newton
• Bedford Care Center of Petal, Petal
• Columbia Rehabilitation & Healthcare Ctr, Columbia
• Cornerstone Rehabilitation & Healthcare, Corinth
• Crystal Rehabilitation & Healthcare Ctr., Greenwood
• Holly Springs Rehabilitation & Hlthcare, Holly Springs
• Indianola Rehabilitation & Healthcare, Indianola
• Sharkey Issaquena Nursing Home, Rolling Fork
• The Oaks Rehab & Healthcare Center, Meridian
• Yazoo City Rehabilitation & Healthcare, Yazoo City
Gold Award winners will be announced in August.
For more information on the awards and a complete list of award winners across the nation, visit the American Health Care Association website.See a typo? Report it here.