LORMAN, Miss. – The Alcorn State Braves (5-3, 4-1) defeated Mississippi Valley State (1-7, 1-4) by a score of 24-3 inside Spinks-Casem Stadium on Saturday evening.
Score: Alcorn State 24 | MVSU 3
Records: Braves (5-3, 4-1) | MVSU (1-7, 1-4)
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
Location: Spinks-Casem Stadium | Lorman, MS
Series: Braves 52-16-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Noah Kiani opened the scoring with a 23-yard field goal.
- Jacorian Sewell broke a 62-yard making the new score 10-0
- Mississippi Valley scored a field goal to close out the first half.
- Aaron Allen scored on a 11-yard run making the new score 17-3.
- Jarveon Howard scored on a 30-yard run making the final score 24-3.
- Aaron Allen was 17-25 for 171 yards along with six carries for 36 yards and a score.
- Jarveon Howard had 13 carries for 100 yards and a rushing touchdown.
- Jacorian Sewell finished with 96 yards on 11 carries and one score.
- Monterio Hunt had five catches for 78 yards.
- Malik Rodgers finished with three catches for 32-yards.
- Stemarion Edwards led the Braves with 11 tackles and one and a half sack.
- Terreance Ellis tallied seven tackles and one tackle for loss.
- The Braves defensive unit tallied 3.5 sacks and one interception.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTABLES
- Caleb Darbone had four punts for 123 yards with an average of 30.8 yards per punt.
The Braves will be back in action on next Saturday for another conference match-up against Southern on October 21st. Kick-off set for 2:00 p.m.